Meet Our Panel of Experts (The Big Fish)
Below are our experts who will be involved in the community and managing the various sections. If you post a question or comment to any of the sections it is likely that you will have some input offered by any one of these experts.
Paolo is a veterinarian, computer programmer, software project manager and accountant. He is one of the founding partners of APL Accountants and Vet Business University. He has owned veterinary practices and managed multi million dollar software projects. He works at APL Accountants as an accountant focusing on business advisory services that improve profitability and efficiency of veterinary services.Paolo Lencioni
Anne is a veterinary surgeon, MBA graduate and Accountant. She is one of the founding partners of APL Accountants and Vet Business University. She has owned veterinary practices, and also worked extensively in the accounting industry as a chartered accountant. She is an expert on all accounting and taxation matters in the industry and also works as a business advisor to improve veterinary business profitability.Anne Lencioni
Venessa is our rescue mutt. She has had a few previous foster families in the past vary from accounting offices, retail chains, and even owned and managed her own business for 8 years. She has been taught general obedience, resource sharing, and many other tricks that have come in useful at APL Accountants. She has a broad portfolio that deals with accounting, bookkeeping, business reporting and software - all in the veterinary industry. We may keep her for a while if she remains even tempered and works well within the pack. When she is not in the working yard at APL rounding up bank statements and bookkeeping comments she likes to take her dog Daisy to the dog beach and go out on their SUP together.Venessa Willis
Nicole joined the APL Accountants pack as a Bookkeeper and Senior Administrator. She's the quiet one and does not bark much. This makes her ideal for working quietly and effectively in the confines of her bookkeeping office. She deals exclusively with the veterinary industry in areas of bookkeeping, payroll and general account preparation whilst working as office administrator at APL (so she knows how to look after workflows and make sure work gets completed). She has a beautiful border collie friend called Grizzley who does all the barking instead.Nicole Schneeberger
You may have already spoken to Tori when she has excitedly greeted you on the phone or at our front door - tail wagging of course. Tori is one of our bookkeeping experts, dealing exclusively with veterinary practices, she manages and maintains their bookkeeping. She also helps complete tax work. Tori has a crazy 1 year old bright yellow indian ringneck parrot and a beautiful loving 3 year old kelpie x.Tori Schneeberger
Every time a new member registers, we plant a tree in Borneo to help the Orang Utan habitat
Every time a question or reply is posted on the forum we provide a day of rabies protection to a street animal in Nepal.
It is very important that you familiarise yourself with the Community Rules
- Rule 1: This is a place for constructive discussion. Please no slander, complaints about other people and no dirty language. Controversial subjects are welcome and allowed. If you don't know the difference between controversy and slander then this is not the place for you, go to Facebook.
- Rule 2: Members in this community are expected to contribute and help others. Don't expect to be helped with questions unless you have been very active in the community. If you expect our 'Big Fish' experts to answer your questions then you have to have been proactive in helping others. Your pro-activity is monitored by our 'Big Fish' experts and they are more likely to help proactive members.
- Rule3: This is a closed and exclusive community and to be allowed membership you must either be a practice owner, a practice manager or have enrolled into Vet Business University. This means that all members are above average when it comes to having experience in running a business.
- Rule 4: The primary purpose of this community is not to advertise, however some members in the community will have services to offer that ore of value to others. Because we keep the membership here very exclusive we will moderate but not necessarily remove any information with regards to ethical services offered to the profession. Sometimes to help others there is nothing wrong with guiding them to a particular service.
- Rule 5: Any members that do not adhere to the rules of the community will be removed. The administrators of this community reserve the right to remove any members that they feel are not fitting to this community. PLEASE NOTE THAT LACK OF CONTRIBUTION CAN ALSO RESULT IN REMOVAL AND WE EXPECT AT LEAST ONE CONTRIBUTION TO THIS COMMUNITY EVERY 2 WEEKS.
- Rule 6: This is not a place where you can bask in anonymity! We expect that you add a decent photograph of yourself to your user profile and that you also add legitimate information about yourself in your user profile so that other members know who you are and what you look like. After all, if you are helping others with advice, its only fair that they know who this is coming from. The administrators of this community are very active in the veterinary community and will make efforts to check that members are legitimate.